Data Protection Policy
This is a statement of the data protection policy adopted by Stevenage Lettings Limited.
We need to collect and use certain types of personal information about the people we deal with, such as employers, contractors, current, past and tenant and landlords.
we may occasionally be required, either by law or to carry out our responsibilities to collect, use and share certain types of personal information to comply with the requirements of government departments, agencies and regulators.
Under the Data Protection Legislation, all organisations which handle personal information must comply with a number of important principles regarding the privacy and disclosure of this information.
We believe that the lawful and correct treatment of personal information is critical to our successful operation, and to maintaining our customers confidence in us. We recognise that, to maintain our reputation and integrity as an open and professional organisation, we must be fully compliant with this legislation.
Data protection legislation
In the United Kingdom and the European Economic Area (EEA), "Data Protection Legislation" means all applicable data protection and privacy legislation or regulations including The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (also known as PECR) and any guidance or codes of practice issued by the European Data Protection Board or the Information Commissioner, together with:
prior to 25 May 2018, the UK Data Protection Act 1998; and from 25 May 2018 onwards Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the "General Data Protection Regulation" or "GDPR”), as amended by the UK Data Protection Bill.
Outside of the EEA, "Data Protection Legislation” means local, territorial data protection and privacy legislation that governs the processing of Personal Data.
Therefore we fully endorse and adhere to the principles of data protection set out in the Data Protection legislation and will:
- fully observe the conditions regarding the fair collection and use of personal information meet our legal obligations to specify the purposes for which we use personal information
- only collect and process the personal information needed to carry out our business or to comply with any legal requirements
- ensure that the personal information we use is as accurate as possible
- ensure that we don't hold personal information any longer than is necessary ensure that people know about their rights to see the personal information we hold about them
- take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information;
- and ensure that personal information is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguards.
In addition, we will ensure that:
- the ways we handle personal information are clearly described everyone handling personal information understands that they are responsible for following good practice
- everyone handling personal information is appropriately trained and properly supervised we regularly assess the performance of people who handle personal information
- anybody wanting to make enquiries about handling personal information knows what to do; and queries about handling personal information are deal with promptly and courteously
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. To do so please write to Stevenage Lettings, Caxton house, Caxton Way. Stevenage Herts. SG1 2UX
We may collect information about your computer, including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is statistical data about our user's browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
The two type of cookies used on this site are classified as "Strictly Necessary" and "Performance" cookies.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
We use "Strictly Necessary" cookies to:
- Administrate website content
- Make sure you connect to the right service on our website when we make any changes to the way the website works
Cookies we have defined as 'Strictly Necessary' cookies will NOT be used to:
- Gather information that could be used to advertise products or services to you
- Remember your preferences or username beyond your current visit
There are two cookies that we use on this site that are defined as "strictly necessary" cookies:
This has a randomly generated name (eg "2a8ff4c2f40bef232b830aa" ) and it is used to keep the session live so that an administrator can update the website. It doesn't store any confidential information and is destroyed as soon as the session ends (when you close the browser).
This is a cookie that keeps track of whether to display the cookie-notice alert or not. It is only used if the user clicks on the accept button.
We use performance cookies to:
- Provide statistics on how our website is used
- Help us improve the website by measuring any errors that occur
Cookies we have defined as 'Performance' cookies will NOT be used to:
- Gather information that could be used to advertise products or services to you on other websites
- Target adverts to you on any other website
In some cases, some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties, but we don't allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
There are four cookies that we use on this site that are defined as "performance" cookies:
_utma Identifies unique visitors
_utmb Tracks the referral source of your visit.
_utmc Determines the length of time of your visit to this site.
_utmz Determines visitor navigation within this site.