Are you a new or existing landlord with property to let in The Old Town, Stevenage? What unique features does this town offer to those looking to rent a property similar to yours?
- Is your property in good condition and ready to let out to tenants?
- Are you wondering if The Old Town, Stevenage is a suitable location for you to purchase a buy-to-let property?
Dating back 800 years, the quaint area that is known as "The Old Town" was the centre and hub of activity of Stevenage, where people used to play bowls on the green and shop at local butchers and grocers. As the town grew, they eventually had their own fire and police station.
Over the years The Old Town grew, adding more houses and shops. At the beginning of the 20th century, the bowling green was converted into a hall which was used for cinematograph exhibitions, providing much fun as a cinema for the locals.
During the 60’s the local council started building more shops and houses in another part of Stevenage, which is why a part is called the “Old Town” and another part is called “The New Town”
Useful Facts about Stevenage's Old Town - Did You Know?
- The Old Town is steeped in history
- Great bus links take you to all parts of Stevenage
- The main hospital in Stevenage, the Lister Hospital, is nearby
- Easy access to Gunnels Wood Road, one of the main industrial estates in Stevenage
- Walking distance to the train station, providing easy commuting to and from London and Cambridge
- Has a great array of shops, including Waitrose, Tesco’s and other high street brands
- For eating out, there are plenty of restaurants including Indian, Thai and Pub Food
- The Old Town promotes a sense of community spirit
- If you like cycling, there are lots of cycle paths scattered throughout - perfect for keep fit and fitness
Being in the hub of Stevenage, you have a wide choice of pre-schools, primary schools and secondary school’s to choose from.
The nearest secondary school is The Thomas Alleyne Academy which has an ofsted rating of “Good” and was recently upgraded from secondary school to academy.
The Old Town – A Great Place for Families
- If you have a family there is a great park, King George V, where you can take the kids and play. The park hosts different events and different times of the year including a Circus and, for the adults, a beer festival.
- Every year they host “Stevenage Day” which has been going since 1959. There is also a play area where your children can play.
The Property Market in Stevenage's Old Town
- If you were to look for a 2 bed property you would expect to pay around £900 PCM or if you were wanting to buy a 2 bed house then you would be expected to pay around £350,000.
- If you were looking to move your family into this area then an average property would be around £1,200 PCM or around £450,000 if you were wanting to buy.
HMO Property Conversion
If you were to convert your home into a HMO (House of multiple occupancy) property and rent it out in the Old Town area, it could be a great investment!
Did you know?
- A HMO is a type of property where you rent out the individual rooms to tenants and have a communal kitchen, living room and (if you have one) a garden.
- If your HMO was managed correctly, it could be rented out, with all the rooms available for tenants, for around £2,500 per calendar month - read more about our landlords management service packages here.
- If you were to rent out your HMO in Stevenage's Old Town area, using our marketing and advertising expertise, it would probably be let quicker than if you used another lettings agency, due to its excellently-connected location, local amenities and family-friendly feel - not to mention our internal team ready to help and guide you, every step of the way. Contact us to discuss your options.
Our Service Levels - What Makes Us Different?
- Proactive– Our independent status means that we act with speed and flexibility; we will always act in your best interests, we will help you maximise the return from your property investment and our service includes a free valuation. Being landlords ourselves means we can offer excellent insight. We will always go that extra mile for you.
- Professional – You will enjoy first class customer service and benefit from our expertise and knowledge of both the property lettings industry in general and the local towns within Stevenage. As important, we help landlords comply with legislation and legal requirements – both key elements of a landlord’s obligations.
- Personal – You will have a single point of contact for clear and effective communication. We also work hard to maintain long-term working relationships with landlords. Simply put - we’re your number one choice for lettings in Stevenage!
Why Choose Stevenage Lettings as Your Management Services Provider?
- 30 years of lettings and property management experience
- Independent, local team of experts you can trust
- Corporate clients include Lister Hospital, GSK, Aerospace, Tesco’s and more
- Unrivalled local knowledge and expertise
- Quality tenants found quickly
- Thorough and detailed tenant screening
- Local in-house maintenance team operating 24/7, 365 days a year
- Single-Let management expertise
- Flexible landlord services
- Opening hours to suit the market